COVID-19 impact on Distributed Antenna System (DAS) Market and Global Market Forecast
With Distributed Antenna Systems expected to reach $19.84 billion by 2026, DAS Companies are developing their long-term strategies to emerge stronger in the post-COVID pandemic scenario. This blog highlights the key finding and analysis in the Research and Markets report
“DAS is a network of antennas spaced apart from each other that are connected to a signal source. Using this feature, DAS will provide wireless or radio coverage within a given area. It can be deployed in densely populated areas like malls and provide high bandwidth without the need to install micro or small cells.
Security, health care, and building communication are among the primary end-user segments driving the market along with the industrial applications.”
Distributed Antenna Systems Market was valued at USD 10.04 billion in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 19.84 billion by 2026, at a CAGR of 12.10% over the forecast period 2021 – 2026. As a result of the continuous developments in communication technology that have led to the evolution of high-speed connectivity, lesser power consuming network devices, and more substantial connectivity coverage.
- DAS has helped industries overcome a lot of shortcomings when it comes to internet connectivity and high bandwidth.
- Some of the advantages that are driving the demand for DAS are better-defined coverage, fewer coverage holes, and cost-effectiveness.
- Las Vegas resorts and venues utilize in-building DAS to keep their customers connected to the outside world.
- DAS has established itself as an essential solution that helps create the required infrastructure for achieving connected systems for smart buildings, hospitals, shopping complexes, and vehicular traffic management, which all need continuous communication and thus is expected to boost the market demand.
COVID-19 Impact on the Global DAS Market
The impact of COVID-19 on the overall DAS market has been varied:
- Commercial verticals such as public venues, airports & transportation hubs, and hospitality centers have been negatively impacted
- The deployment of DAS in healthcare organizations and public-safety agencies were affected the least as they are considered as a part of the critical communications network.
In conclusion, the DAS industry is expanding and becoming a necessity nowadays in various aspects.
Contact us today to invest in a DAS solution that is built to suit your organization’s needs.